Things to Know About IQOS
Iqos is a new tobacco product that has recently entered the international arena. This heat-not-burn tobacco product is an electronic device that heats tobacco to generate an inhalable aerosol. Keep reading to know more about IQOS.
Are you wondering what it feels like smoking IQOS instead of a traditional cigarette? Before you give it a try, check some important things about this device:
- IQOS features an innovative mechanism. It heats tobacco to considerably lower temperatures, up to 350 degrees, without combustion, fire, and ash. While tobacco is heated instead of burned, the amount of harmful substances in the aerosol of IQOS is quite low. Of course, the use of IQOS is not devoid of risks. Nicotine contains nicotine, which makes it addictive.
- IQOS uses different technology than e-cigarettes. It uses actual tobacco, not the flavored e-liquid usually used in e-cigarettes.
- IQOS has not been “FDA approved.” While the company has sent applications to the FDA for regulatory approval, the agency has not decided on whether the device can be distributed as less harmful than other tobacco products.
- IQOS was not proven to be safer than cigarettes. Although it is considered to be less toxic than cigarettes, it still exposes users to high levels of toxicants.
- IQOS can be used by youth. The marketing campaign of the product looks worrisome, especially after the youth e-cigarette epidemic. Thus, through a modern, high-tech commercial, IQOS developers almost convince the young audience in the safety of the new product. As long as youth likes flashy, new things, such a commercial may cause serious problems.
- IQOS tobacco cartridges available in menthol and other flavors. The product developers are planning to offer rolls of tobacco resembling small cigarettes, called HeatSticks. A menthol roll will be the first flavor to enter the market. In the future prospects, some more flavors are about to be produced.
According to the most recent result, IQOS is selling well in key overseas markets. Just imagine, the company sold over 15 million heated-tobacco products in the second quarter. At the same time, almost 11 million people have stopped smoking traditional cigarettes by switching to the alternative option. Whether it is good or bad, it has not been clearly stated yet. So, it is up to you to decide whether this device is the right one for you.